I'd love to see you over at my new blog My Bird Flying Free

Monday, March 14, 2011

Hibiscus Coast



Once again I'm sneeking a card in at the near close of a challenge. The idea for this card has been in my head for about a week, and today I finally got chance to put ink to paper :) I'm really happy with how this card has come out- it's not often that you get an idea and it actually works out completely as you imagined.
I've taken direct inspiration from the photo over at Jac Inks Papercraft Challenges. The photo certainly brings back happy memories from my own trip to Maui.
I've layered the flowers with dimensionals to give some depth to the view.

Details:
Inks: Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz.
Stamps: Greenhouse Garden, Teeny Tiny Sentiments.
Other: Island Oasis DSP, Hemp Twine, Sponges, Scallop Oval.

9 comments:

Jenni@inkworksdesigns.com.au said...

Hey Debi your card is just gorgeous - love the Hibiscus! And so true to the photo with the beautiful colours you've used. Thanks for joining us and make sure you come back for challenge 4! Jenni

Anonymous said...

oh wow Debi that is just beautiful it so makes me want to jump into your card

Ann Craig said...

Great card Debi, I love how you've used sponging and masking to contrast with the gorgeous hibiscus at the front. And to pop them all over the top of that great DSP is very clever. Well done and thanks for joining us at "jac-inks" challenges.

Sandra said...

Your card is really lovely Debi. Beautiful brayering and the twine down the bottom is the perfect finishing touch. I think you might have the winner! :)

Paula Dobson said...

I think you might have a winner too Debi - this is stunning!! Of course, you know I love scenery cards anyway, and you nailed this one ♥

Terry said...

A wow from this side of the world! Love this! You have created an amazing island view! Beautiful!

Debbie Lamb said...

A stunning creation Debi - love it!

Zoechaos said...

Lovely card, the flowers bright big and bold just as a Hibiscus should be. The landscape behind magical. XOXO Zoe

Jann said...

Wow--this is beautiful! I am having so much fun visiting your beautiful blog--thank you so much for stopping by mine and leaving such a nice comment--so glad I found yours!