I'd love to see you over at my new blog My Bird Flying Free

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friendly Fan Fun


After doing a massive Autumn clean out- I needed some crfating Fun. I've made this card inspired by this beautiful Japanese Doll, that my BF's son bought me back from his trip to Japan last year, isn't she just gorgeous. I love her :) I really wante dto keep some of the white purity about my card, which was way harder than I thought it might be. I created the background by brayering on glossy card stamping the fan, and adding some gold by using the inner bit out of the smooch, and finally some texture by embossing. I've made the fans with handmade Washi paper.

I'm entering this card into 2 cool challenges:
The GC99 Fan Challnege at Ginger Snap Creations
and over at Just Add Ink the theme is Friends or mates for ANZAC Day.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Debi. A gorgeous work of art!

Debbie Lamb said...

This is gorgeous Debi. Lots of detail and very cute too.

Karen said...

Wow that is fantastic, you have done this set justice. So adorable

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is so cute!! Love the fan in the corner.

Jean Franks Beck said...

So adorable! What a beautiful combination of wonderful details... the popped up fans, the stamped and embossed papers, the handmade paper. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap Creations!

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful card, love the stamped and embossed background and such a cute image. x

Deb (dcorder) said...

This is a fan-tastic card! I love the use of washi paper...its so great on Asian cards. And your cute doll. :D

Thank you for playing along with us at Gingersnaps Creations!!

KimB said...

Lovely card Deb, beautiful colours and love those gorgeous little gold fans - how pretty are they!
Kim (JAI)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is so sweet! Love that little fan! Hugs xxaxx

susanne said...

So lovely!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Those geishas are darling!

trisha too said...

ADORABLE!

:)