I'd love to see you over at my new blog My Bird Flying Free

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Masking Challenge



Wow- your White on White entries last week were all so pretty.
Our next Craft Room Challenge is here and Esther has chosen a technique challenge-Masking- I use this technique a lot, but for this card, I've just done simple masking to create the hills, and to mask the hills when I used a big Pine tree Stamp to create the little pine trees on the hill.
I have to confess that after our polar Antartica weather last week- with snow in our neighbourhood like that not seen for 70 years- I've been inspired to start my snowy christmas cards :-)

Here's some photos of the snow at our house last week, soooo pretty.

You can just see the roof of my studio- looking all snowy.


And I love how the trees look covered in snow- here's a corner of the garden.

9 comments:

hazel said...

A beautiful card Debi. I love how you've masked the hills and the beautiful colour of the sky. Your snowy photo's are lovely.
xxx Hazel.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

what a gorgeous gorgeous card! I love the beautiful scene you have created.

Anonymous said...

Love your card Debi,its really pretty. love the photo's too. it seems weird seeing snow at this time of the year (i am in the UK )
Hugs June x

Maria said...

Beautiful card Debi! I love the scene you've created with your masking, and the reflection looks brilliant! Great inspirational photos as well! Maria x

Mervi said...

Fabulous scene and shadow,
gorgeous card;-))m

Paula Dobson said...

My kind of card Debi and beautifully done too. Love your photo's! It really was quite spectacular, was't it?

Kim B said...

Very Pretty!!

Von said...

I'm not much of a one for xmas card but think this is just delightful :)

Esther said...

This is so pretty - love the glittery snow - and the reflection is just perfect! Esther xx